It felt like our last hurrah. Next week, I return to work. Over the past two weeks, we travelled to Washington and Bridgeport, by plane and car, respectively. Avi is a great traveller. He prefers the comforts of the plane (we got a cheap upgrade on the way back) to being strapped into his carseat. What a kid.
We had such a lovely time together on both trips. In Washington, we went to beautiful Bainbridge Island for John and Amber's wedding. Leeor took mostly film shots there, so we don't have so many digital photos, but me sitting and nursing Avi was mostly what I did when we weren't out walking in the woods and communing with the deer.
Then we journeyed to Bridgeport, hometown of our dear friend Mollie, to celebrate Fourth of July. Avi chewed on a flag, there were great fireworks, hotdogs, camping (we sorta camped) and a very good time spent hanging out and chatting with our favorite family of 3.
Now Avi is hanging in the saucer while I quickly write this-- babysitter M is coming today to begin our week of getting ready for my return to work . . . more on that later. For now, I want to enjoy thoughts of our fun travel time together.
3 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time. 4 July in Britain was just kinda damp!
Avi just gets cuter by the second (I guess that's Genes for you).
Ade! Come over to this side of the pond this minute!!! We miss you and Michelle so much!
We're working on it. Right now it all depends on Money. Money... money... moneymoneymoneymoney!
But we will. You'll see Michelle again before me though. She's going to do a reconnaisance... reconnaissance.. a look-see to California before too long.
We miss you too. Can't wait to meet Avi as well!
Post a Comment