Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Afortunada

The other day I asked M the Spanish word for "greatful." Aftorunada is truly how I feel every day when I come home to my bear. Then I feel especially greatful when all 3 of us are together, like we were last night; Leeor arrived home late but Avi woke up and we had some family snuggle time in bed before we put him back down to sleep.


Avi continues to eat solids, roll, sit up, make incredible sounds, bounce to the beat in his jumper (he prefers the Beastie Boys to Bob Marley and is a big fan of Herbie Hancock and John Coltrane). He also likes his sippy cup way better than he ever liked his bottle.


My world right now feels very small and focused; I lavish my baby and my husband with love, go to work and do what I need to do and (thank God) interact with some truly incredible, supportive people, come home to the open arms of my baby and then spend time with his papa once he gets home. There isn't much else, and while I know this existence will continue to widen, open up and there will be more and more space for other parts of myself, at the moment I am really content to focus on these few things . . . and then rest.

1 comment:

Karen Eliot said...

And the english word for "greatful" is grateful...