Monday, July 21, 2008

Back to Work


All I can say is that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sure, today I ran outta there like there was an emergency or something, when really, I had more calls to make, but I missed Avi and had run out of space in my bottles for breastmilk, so I left.
It helps that I like my job, love the people I work with, and have a great person taking care of Avi. They had a good week together last week. M said Thursday (my 3rd day of work) was his best. Funnily, it was my worst.
And today, M reported that Avi drank a whole 3 ounces of breastmilk from a bottle, when last week his biggest amount was around 1 1/2. He's eating solids, cereal, banana, and today he tried avocado. Do I wish I'd been there for that? Of course! Did I have a decent day at work? Yes.
I don't know what else to say about it right now, except that I feel I have a fuller, more complete self to offer to Avi when I get home from work, and I love love love how it feels to hold him and nurse him after 8 hours apart . . .
These pictures are from this weekend; Avi is bundled up as we are having a typical SF summer, full of drizzling fog and cold wind. We don't mind. We had a great time hanging out together, enjoying our little boy and trying desperately to hold onto each moment as it flies past . . .

No comments: