Monday, June 29, 2009

Welcome, summer

We evaded the June gloom for some good heat this weekend and it was awesome. Avi and I went to baby Austin's baptism and stayed in a hotel in Solvang while Leeor headed to Long Beach for a Youth Court workshop with the kids. Sunday in San Francisco was hot at 8 am and we went to breakfast at Tyger's, my dad, Avi and me, with no sweaters or anything. We sweated on the walk up the hill back home and then skipped out on Pride to avoid wilting after 4 days of travel.

There is a lot to recount from the mini-break, and it was a good harbinger for our trips to come this summer. But before I get into all that I just wanted a moment to appreciate summer in California. Such a giant of a state in such a giant mess right now, but so damn beautiful to behold as we drove up and down the 101.


We don't know if we are buying the house in Monterey. It's not looking good, and we are prepared to walk away. I feel optimistic, though. The breeze was up tonight as we walked to our local market for lasagna ingredients; it felt chilly enough to put on a fleece vest. Refreshing. Avi had socks with his crocs. We spent some time in the bookstore. I loved having Leeor home on a Monday night. There are lots of photos to download from our respective weekend trips but at the moment I am feeling very present and enjoying it. It's a quick week before the holiday weekend, which we'll spend here. Avi has taken to saying, "Nice!" and while it's funnily reminiscent of Borat, it feels appropriate. Summer feels nice so far.

No comments: