Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Avi the Heartbreaker


What else is there to say? Is it the hair? The cheeks? The dreamy eyes and dimples? Who knows. But I am totally smitten. This is outside baby Austin's baptism at Mission Santa Ynes last Friday. The two of us pretty much missed the whole ceremony but nevertheless enjoyed the divine beauty of the lush yard surrounding the Mission's chapel. And I finally got to wear the lovely dress Leeor got for me in the beginning of May.


Later that night, when I carried his tired body back to our hotel (he kept saying, "Hotel. Hotel! Pool. Eye-cream, aka ice cream, nigh-night!"), we heard strains of "Who am I," from Les Mis coming from the outdoor Solvang theatre. What a sweet trip down memory lane, as when my brother and I were pre-teen I was obsessed with Les Mis and he loathed everything about it while he blasted heavy metal from his room. Not to over-simplify, but now here we are with our boys and grown up selves, and there I was feeling teary about Jean Valjean's plaintive, righteous cry with my darling son heavy in my arms . . . it was too much.


I still haven't downloaded any photos, myself, but here I am staying up late and blogging again after I checked email and found these two photos my dad emailed. I love my little boy, who is such a lover. I love this life we have.

No comments: