I love my guys.
Yesterday I came home early after M called me to say Avi had a rash around his mouth--possibly an allergic reaction? I freaked. Was his throat closing? It didn't help that I had a doctor (and colleague and friend) on the other line when she called and he asked questions that made me conclude that Avi was about to stop breathing. Sheesh. In my shared office are 3 other social workers who have young children and they all (calmly) urged me to go home. I bought some Benadryl and hopped on the bus, while M texted me to say he seemed fine. The things we do.
After all that, Leeor and I went out to a fun event; a benefit for this organization, Tipping Point, where a few of our friends work. We have volunteered at this event before (I met Charles Schwab and Mayor Newsom in the same night; oo-la-la!) and by a fluke we got to attend as guests this year. It was a blast. Great food, wine and a lot of fun for the two of us, dressed up and out on the town. We were so moved by the generosity in the room, especially during such a depressing economic time; they raised 3 million dollars! I think they do a good job of setting the tone, because after a few glasses of wine, we decided to make a donation, too. It felt good.
Today we had Avi's 15 month old check up. He got a clean bill of health. He was calm and pleasant with the doctor, who kept marveling at his sweetness. And we didn't have to schlep on the bus because a dear friend loaned me her car after we'd spent the morning at the park with the kids. It was so easy. And it was a beautiful, sunny day.
This weekend is Mother's Day and all I asked for is to be able to sleep in on Sunday. After that we are going down to Monterey to check out "our" house. I don't have much else to say on this Friday night, except that I am happy and sleepy and so incredibly in love with my two guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment