Just a quick post to reflect on birthday number 33. . .
It was a good day. A whole me, bodymindspirit day. A day about my child, my family, my husband.
I didn't go to work today. I went to yoga this morning; it felt so good. Then I stopped by Tartine for a morning bun and a latte before heading home to see Avi. After that I went to get a massage. It's been like 2 years plus some months since I had one. Sigh . . . .
I saw my shrink before heading home. I mean, how much more holistic could all my gifts to myself have been? Because that's what today was about, well, some of it: giving to myself. It was different from any other birthday. Having a baby changes everything but also helps us become more authentic. At least, that's what has happened to me.
So even though Avi was up from 2-3:30 AM this morning, and then didn't go to bed 'til 9:40 PM, and Leeor is quite ill with some awful version of this cold/flu thing going around, I had an amazing birthday. Not to mention that we celebrated all weekend and I got so many lovely calls from family and friends today. Leeor roused himself from bed to sing to me one more time as I blew out a Hanukah candle (the only candles we could find in our home! ha!) on my ice cream cake. My favorite, and even though Leeor had a shitty work day and is super sick he still managed to stop by Baskin Robbins on the way home. What a guy.
And what an amazing time to be alive; we are about to have a president who is spreading so much hope and change and is inspiring people to get involved in politics. We have a lot to look forward to. I am so excited about the future.
Happy birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment