I had the great pleasure of hanging out with Nicole's little boy, Silvio, aka "The Nug" on Saturday afternoon. He and Avi are a mere 3 days apart. Silvio was quite tolerant of Avi's enthusiastic grabbing--of his head, face and feet. I think it helps that he has an older brother and sister that love to play with him. The boys were especially cute at the park, where they both flapped their arms excitedly and screeched happily on the swings. It was also pretty damn cute when I had them eating lunch together; they were eating, banging on the table and chatting in their adorable baby language. What bliss.
Then Saturday night, Declan came over with his folks to carve our pumpkins. More on the pumkin carving later, but first a word about these two boys. Declan is older and wiser, for sure, and at the ripe old age of 18 months is perhaps less tolerant of Avi's grabbing, but seems to love him nevertheless, often saying, "Avi?" in many different contexts. The two of them in their pjs were too much. Mollie and I vainly tried to put them to bed but the boys were so excited that it was a lost cause. Fun, but definitely a lost cause. Avi shared his hairstyling tips with Declan and they sweetly brushed their respective heads of hair.
I don't remember, in my life before Avi, knowing such joy as simple and as pure as what I felt while I experienced these little buddies enjoying themselves together.
1 comment:
Feel good......
Post a Comment