What is up with the lack of sleep?
It's starting to really get to me. We'll have a pretty good couple of nights (meaning that Avi only wakes up one time and not for very long) and then a night like last night:
Avi went to bed at 6pm because he only took one very long nap during the day (from10:30-12:40). I was tripping about it and Leeor was teasing me. Is he transitioning from 2 naps a day to 1? Already?
So he slept from 6 til 11:30, which is fine, except that I went to bed at 10:30. I felt really, really exhausted. And frustrated. Leeor was still up, working, so he helped out. Avi nursed but did not go back to sleep. He was wide awake, "Da-da-da-da!" and wanting to play. So dada took him upstairs.
Midnight and Leeor brings him back to me. I try to nurse again. Though he seems pretty tired, he remains awake. I start to lose it around 12:30. I go upstairs to defrost some breast milk and make a bottle. I tell Leeor he's in charge of putting Avi back to bed, as I've done it for the past 8 months. I'm not exactly nice about it.
We are all in the kitchen waiting for the bottle to be ready. Leeor is on the floor with Avi, who is desperately trying to crawl and can't get any traction on the hard wood so he keeps going backwards. I hand him a wooden spoon. He accidently wacks Leeor in the face. It's taking forever to defrost the milk. In the meantime, I try again to nurse Avi down. Doesn't work. The bottle is ready so I hand both Avi and bottle to Leeor. That doesn't work either. So I sit down in the glider for the whatever-eth time and nurse him. He finally goes to sleep. 1AM.
I stupidly think he'll sleep a long while until it's suddenly 3AM and he awakes. I tell myself I'm not going in unless he really cries. He settles back down until 3:10 when he really gets upset. I get him out of his crib and we nurse again; this time it's quick and he goes back to sleep. I'm in bed by 3:30. Then at 6:30, he's awake, which makes sense 'cause he went to bed at 6pm. Even though he had that weird 90 minute play time in the middle of the night, he still slept like 11 hours. Wish I could, too . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment