Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary

On our honeymoon, in Namibia, near the end of our 30 day safari camping trip, hence the beard
I love my husband. He's my best friend, a wonderful father to Avi and a really good partner for me. This photo was taken at my brother's wedding, but exemplifies one of his best qualities, which is that he loves to dance. At our own wedding, he not only danced with me, but did an impromptu number with his friend Jim to Automatic by the Pointer Sisters. It was awesome.



Two years ago today we stood under the redwoods on the Mendocino coast and promised to love each other forever. On that day, I really had no idea what that would mean or look like. Our wedding was romantic and fun and we loved every minute of it. It felt perfect and we reminisce about it what an incredible day it was.


Since then we have been blessed with the gift of a beautiful, healthy, thriving little boy. Avi has brought so much joy to our lives. We plan to include him in our celebration tonight---as we watch the debate, of course! That's something else I love about Leeor; we both feel really strongly about staying aware and involved in the state of our country and the world . . . someday we'd like to return to South Africa with Avi and maybe even do some work there.



For now, we are grateful for all that we have, especially during such a difficult economic time. We have our own struggles, to be sure, but the bigger picture for us is tremendously good. Here's to all the years we have ahead of us, in which I hope we will continue to evolve and grow and love each other. Happy anniversary!

4 comments:

Karen Eliot said...

You guys rock! And you're cool & nice too. Happy Anniversary. xo Mollie & Andrew

Gillian said...

happy anniversary, you two! oh how i remember your boda...perhaps little eliana was busy preparing for her grand entrance into the world! we'll never know, but i like to think that mendocino was a fabulous place for conception!!!

enjoy yourselves!

dig this chick said...

I so wish my man danced or liked to dance anyway....after 12 years, I am beginning to give up. But haven't totally given up...Happy anniversary.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe that was two years ago. Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend. It's foggy and dreary in London. Can't wait for some California sun. xo