Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend with Avi




Amidst all the craziness of packing, Leeor having to work the entire time and just general life stuff like adjusting to being back at work, we had a pretty nice weekend with Avi.


Leeor took all of these photos today. It was quite a Sunday. M babysat last night so that we could go out to dinner to celebrate Nicole's birthday. It was awesome; we had a great time but we got home late and Avi was awake and so we didn't get to sleep until 12:30. Actually, Leeor stayed up working later than that but I didn't hear him come to bed. Luckily, Avi slept in until 7, and then went back to sleep at 9 . . . in his crib! Yeah! After 6 months of napping in the ergo, the stroller, or in my lap while he nursed, Avi is at long last napping in his crib. My world is expanding exponentially.


My mom arrived around 10:45 to help with packing and we also made several trips over to the new place. We started setting up the kitchen so that at least I'll be ready to "keep house" once we start sleeping there, which we'll do in a week. I'm still wrapping my brain around that. And yet I feel more relaxed about this move than I have about any previous move. Maybe having Avi forces this state, or maybe I'm too tired to care. I don't know, but today was actually enjoyable. The sun was out after a long string of foggy days, and I really, really appreciated that. Avi wore shorts for the first time. My mom, Leeor and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing his bare legs and couldn't stop talking about it.


So our house is somewhat split right now; Leeor's folks took a bunch of boxes over there last weekend while we celebrated Itay's birthday. Family is really great like that.


Avi continues to inspire us. He definitely picks up on the chaos of the move, but he also really responds to some extra-attentiveness, to us talking about what's going on and also to the maintenance of his nap schedule, which just means that he needs 3 naps a day. Tomorrow Leeor and I have to go back to work, and we always feel sad about that because we love spending every waking minute with our baby. I can't wait until the moment that comes when I walk in the door after work and Avi looks up and registers that mommy has come home. It's the best feeling in the world.

2 comments:

jevidal said...

Hello Neta family. Melissa, your blog is great as I have yet to meet its star attraction. Good luck with the move! Hope to visit you all sometime soon.

Michelle said...

Hey Melissa ! Ade made me a lovely meal on Wednesday night to celebrate 7 years together but it scuppered my plans to call you! I'll try again this week! Hope all is going well with the move.
xo