Sunday, August 10, 2008

Six months old

When I look at this picture of Avi, all of about 1 minute old, I can't believe it's the same big boy I see in front of me right now.


On Friday, August 8, Avi turned 6 months old. I sang happy birthday to him all day. Leeor took the train to work so we could have the car, as it was one of my days off.


Avi had his 6 month check up and weighs (get ready) 20 lbs, 2 ounces. He was proudly sitting on the exam table, trying to simultaneously scrunch and eat the paper covering it, when the doctor came in. Now, I know I'm not at all objective about my little guy, so maybe I was reading into this too much, but I was convinced that the doctor was so impressed by Avi that he was moved to wax on the wonders of infant development. Maybe he just wanted to chat, who knows. But I think Avi is capable of that kind of inspiration.


When Avi smiles, I melt. When he giggles and laughs, I just explode from happiness inside. When he reaches for me or for Leeor, I feel so grateful.



He is eating sweet potato like a fiend and still loving avocado and banana. Yesterday I offered him some yogurt and he went nuts for that, too. It is so much fun to feed him "real" food, to marvel at him sitting up, playing with his toys, rolling over, launching himself onto his belly, sleeping in his crib like a big boy (not all night, but we're working on it).



Big changes on the horizon for our family. We are moving to another place in Glen Park. It has 2 bedrooms and incredible views of the city. It will be a good place for us.



Last night Leeor was packing away while I was nursing Avi to sleep. While Avi snoozed in my arms I delayed putting him down in his crib. I wanted to hold him a little longer. I scrolled through Leeor's pictures on his phone. There's something really incredible about looking at about 500 pictures taken by my husband and best friend. Most of the pictures, of course were of Avi, or of Avi and me. I really felt how much he loves us and holds us dear while I was looking at the pictures he's taken over the last six months. It was almost like reading his diary.



I found this photo of Avi; I think it was one of the first ones ever taken of him. As we'd arrived at the hospital in such a crazy, rushed way, Leeor didn't have any of his official camers in the delivery room. He just had his phone, but I still love this picture. Happy birthday, Avi!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How on Earth could Avi be 6 months old already?! He was only born about three weeks ago, wasn't he?

Wasn't he?...

Crikey.

Congrats on finding a new place. Look forward to seeing it someday. (sigh)

Melissa said...

We can't wait for you to be able to come visit!

And you're right. It can't possibly be true that 6 months have passed . . .Avi is going to love meeting you and Michelle!
xo