Monday, June 9, 2008

Village Living

Avi has been very busy . . .

Amaya and Grandma help me with Avi--and enjoy him!
Hillary Clinton may have been wrong about a lot, and we may not have supported her bid for president, but she was right about the village thing.


Originally, Leeor was to be away for a week, then return home and leave again for another week. Only things changed and now he is away for two and a half weeks. Fortunately, I have family and friends nearby who are incredibly supportive. Amaya helped me with Avi's bath last week, Mollie and Andrew brought pizza (and Andrew moved the pack and play downstairs plus removed the bassinet 'cause Avi's too heavy for it), my mom came and helped tremendously, Jen came over last night with roast chicken and wine, and I continue to get offers from friends and Avi's grandparents. Best of all, Gillie and Eliana are coming to visit next week, as is Hilary. That will be a lot of fun.
Still, we miss Leeor. Avi turned 4 months old yesterday. I can't believe it. I get all weepy when I look at earlier photos and marvel at how he's grown and changed. He is an amazing little guy, fun, smart, and so interested in the world! He is laughing, making all kinds of sounds, fascinated by books and getting stronger every day. He is also doing what I've heard lots of 4 month olds do, which is wake up a lot more during the night. That is our only bummer right now, besides Leeor's absence. I'm pretty sure the two things are related . . .
In the meantime, we are greatful to our village of friends and family.

No comments: