Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Daddy



Father's day is coming up, and Leeor is out of town. Again. He had to go to New Orleans at the last minute to hear depositions for his pro bono case. I am really proud of him. He's been working so incredibly hard, and it's especially difficult for him to be apart from Avi and me. I love that he feels passionately about helping people like his client, a mentally retarded man on death row (don't even get me started). It's being able to work on cases like this that made him take this crazy job, that, and the desire to support his family. When he travels, I am constantly taking pictures of Avi with my phone so that I can text message them to Leeor. And I swear, when Leeor calls, Avi knows it's his daddy, and he's all smiles.
Despite his crazy hours at work, Leeor has managed to form a very special relationship with our bear. Avi laughs like crazy when Leeor makes him clap his hands together like cymbals. And they look so much alike! One of my favorite things is looking at both of them while they sleep (this happens a lot while I am nursing Avi around 4 am while Leeor sleeps beside me). Of course, sleep is something I fear will elude me while he's away. Avi, however, has been in dreamland for a few hours while I made myself a nice lamb dinner and watched my favorite summer reality show, So You Think You Can Dance.
So we'll see how it goes this week . . . but it won't be the same without Leeor!

No comments: