Saturday, June 21, 2008

Old friends

Eliana loves to climb! Avi loves the latest addition to his bouncy seat!
Practically like old times . . . except for the kids, of course.
Leeor was so happy to come home to Avi! Avi and I were so glad to see him.



Our good friends, Gillie, Eliana and Hilary visited Avi and me while daddy was at the tail end of his trip to the south. What fun we had!








After a harrowing trip by car and delayed plane, G & E (E is all of 11 months) arrived late Sunday night. I think G and I were both somewhat nervous about how the babes would sleep in my tiny place, but lo and behold, they are always teaching me that they can roll with whatever. It helps that G is such an easy-going ma. E slept in the pack-n-play while Avi slept in his co-sleeper (which he is fast growing out of), and G introduced me to the beauty of white noise. What a concept! They were so soundly asleep that first night that we practically forgot we were in this current mommy space and time . . . so busy were we enjoying food and wine and chatting as if it were many moons ago.





Hilary arrived on Tuesday and we covered a lot of city ground by BART, car, and our feet. The weather was perfect and I was so impressed by the way we could still laugh and have fun even though so much has changed in all our lives.





Leeor arrived home on Wednesday, tired but so incredibly happy to be home. I hadn't realized how truly incomplete I'd felt with him away. It's funny how I just deal with whatever is handed to me, but then realize how difficult it is after the fact. It was so wonderful for me to have my partner home, and to be able to share the joy I experience with two of my oldest, dearest friends with him and with little E. It was so special to get to know her. I think Avi may be smitten by his firecracker, spritely friend . . .

No comments: