Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

These were taken a couple of weeks ago . . . Leeor loves Avi!
There's nothing like having children to make you think about you own parents, and I've talked to my dad twice today. Leeor is in Alabama and I've been watching a Tim Russert retrospective while Avi sleeps. I really, really miss Leeor. I've talked to him lots today. He misses Avi like crazy.

I also talked to my father-in-law. I'm struck by the father's role as I hear about Tim Russert's dad working two jobs, think about Leeor's dad getting his PhD in a new country and moving all over to find teaching jobs, my own dad, working hard since he was a teenager to take care of his parents and then of his own family.


And now Leeor is doing what many fathers must; he's working hard to support his family and contribute to the world . . . the name Avi comes from the Hebrew name, Abraham. It means father of all fathers, or my father. I hope Leeor knows what a wonderful father he is.

No comments: