Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday afternoon






Leeor is on his way back from work; his meeting was cancelled so we get to spend the afternoon together. Avi is napping downstairs while my sleeping beauty lounges on the couch next to me. I feel lounge-y, too. It's chilly outside with the potential to clear up a bit after a hazy, foggy morning that found us in our pjs until noon.

I love these moments of quiet. The trees are whispering and there are hummingbirds buzzing around their leaves. This afternoon I am too tired to clean frantically while my kids nap. Leeor reminded me today that we should treat ourselves by hiring someone to clean and I think it's a great idea.

I was inspired to post again this afternoon after gazing at my daughter. She is making an indelible imprint on me and I am moved beyond words. I find myself holding her in the stillness after Avi goes to sleep and sometimes crying soundlessly. I feel so blessed. Lilit is a sweet, sweet baby who seems to have developed, at a mere 3 weeks on this planet, a Presence. I know, I know, what parent doesn't feel this way about her child, but she is so different from Avi at 3 weeks that it really gives me pause.

Avi is such a trooper. Even my mom remarked that he is toughening up a lot. When he falls or bonks his head he pauses, doesn't cry, and in response to my, "Are you okay?" he says, deadpan, like a teenager, I swear, "I'm fine." He's so funny.

This morning he brushed her hair and said afterward, "It's so pretty!" Indeed.

We remain very much into our feelings and discussion of them with Avi. He likes to make sad, mad and happy faces with us. I discovered that the sad face inspires him to hug and kiss me so I was, as Leeor said, milking that one a bit before nap time. What can I say? The kid never wants to kiss me anymore so I need to score when I can!

And I am such a dork that I took a picture of the incredible milkshake I made for myself this afternoon. I call it, Nursing Mama's Delight and it has my favorite flavors: chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla ice cream with milk. Swirl it around, swill it down and voila, satiation for a little while . . .

This weekend looms with fun plans with friends and family; and it's Father's Day, too. I can't wait to celebrate the wonderful father of my beautiful children.

No comments: