The cutest part was coming home to Avi splayed out on the couch. The babysitter said he fell asleep while she was reading to him and she held him for awhile before settling him down. She said she kept him near her, instead of putting him in the pack n play, because she wanted to keep him close. For company.
I just love these boys together. Avi woke up the next morning talking about Declan and the babysitter. He is such a social guy. After a full weekend of playing with different friends (Leeor's friend Daschia had a baby shower with a few toddlers for Avi to interact with; we had dinner with Jesse, Ngan, and new friends Tim and Lara, along with their little boy, Theo), he woke up today saying that he'd had "Happy dreams of Gigi." Unfortunately, he also awoke with a little cold, so he'll have to wait til tomorrow to see Gigi, and content himself with memories of a weekend filled with friends and family. We got to celebrate the end of the Jewish New Year with Saba, Safta, Itay and Jen yesterday, and it was just lovely.
Tonight we went for sushi at a local spot and Avi fell hard for our waitress. I've never seen anything like it. All he wanted to do was walk around holding her hand. On the way home, Leeor asked him if he had a new girlfriend and Avi took a few moments to think about it. Then he replied with a wistful sounding, "Yeah. . . " Which brings me to one more sweet anecdote from the weekend.
On Friday, Saba and Safta came up and cooked us soup and even made a trip to Costco for me, which was beyond helpful. They took Avi to the mall in the afternoon and came back with this story. Avi said, "I thinking." And once they realized that's what he kept saying, they asked the logical question, "What are you thinking about?" He replied, "I thinking mommy." Of course this is my favorite Avi story. For now.
1 comment:
I love that he "fell hard" for the waitress. So cute. And "I thinking Mommy". Love it.
He is such a sweet boy, clearly. Hope the cold goes away quickly.
Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment