I'm going to have to interrupt the lovely tale of our trip to Arizona to report that upon our return, sometime between 11-12 on Saturday night, both Avi and I awoke with the stomach flu. The nasty, nasty, stomach flu. I have not been really sick since he was born, and he's never had this kind of sickness. Poor baby.
Monday morning, I'm at home; Leeor is in bed because he came down with it last night, and Avi is still afflicted. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, though, because he is as chipper as ever. When he vomits, he merely pauses in his play and then gets a little upset (I mean, who could blame him? It is so upsetting--don't get me started on the evils of vomiting). He is sleeping and I am surveying the tore-up-ness of our home after I sent an email to work telling them I won't be in today. I smell vaguely of vomit.
I remember when it was just us, before Avi, and when we got sick, we lovingly attended to each other. Now it's like, whoever is less sick attends to Avi and the sicker parent just has to deal. It does feel somewhat cozy at home, germs and all, with all 3 of us sharing this thing. I'm sure we'll feel better tomorrow, and then I can get back to the business of blogging about more pleasant things, like cousin Gila's wedding.
2 comments:
oh no! awful! this bug has been all over the place. Sadie & Andrew both had it, and members of both sides of our family, etc. I hope you are doing better today.
i'm so sorry, honey. god knows you know yow i feel about hurl.
hope you all are on the up and up!
miss you. let's talk this weekend.
Post a Comment