Wednesday, March 5, 2008

San Diego

Leeor unexpectedly had to travel to San Diego for the week for work . . . so Avi and I decided to join him! After an 8 hour drive to Pasadena, we enjoyed the hospitality of dear friends, Hilary and Sonia Thomas. Then we continued on to San Diego the next day.

It was a great week. Avi and I enjoyed hotel life while Leeor worked. We were able to go out to dinner together, and Avi and I shopped and walked and took drives together during the day. My friend Allison came down with her 2 year old daughter, Zoey, and we had a great visit with them. Zoey was very interested in Avi's diaper changes. We also got to visit with my uncle Tim and aunt Chris. I think it gave me more confidence to be away from home. Perhaps if we hadn't gone on the trip, I wouldn't have ventured out as much during this time.

Now Avi is 4 weeks old. We can't believe it. I've been putting him in 3 month old clothes--he's so big! We are more in love with him every day.

We are on our way home. I can't wait to settle back in there. The long car ride is the least enjoyable part of this trip. What a difference a week makes. On the drive down, Avi crashed while in the car. So far on our way home, it took us 7 hours to get from San Diego to Santa Ynez (just north of Santa Barbara), where we stayed at my brother's house. I had to do the dreaded "nurse and drive." It was insane. Avi's crying while I'm crazily leaning over him, trying to aim my breast into his eager mouth while the car bumps and sways . . . we'll cross our fingers not to do it again today.

No comments: