Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

This is one of those overshare moments, but it's late and Leeor came down with the stomach flue today--I'm on day 4 of my six-day work week, feeling tired, martyr-y and waiting for the laundry to finish before I turn in.  I was looking at old posts and especially at Avi's earliest moments.  We are pretty sure he was conceived on May 5, 2007 (that was the tmi moment, if it wasn't obvious).

Now all he wants is a bunk bed and his sweet sister to get out of his way, out of the tub, out of his life.  He screamed at me the other day, "You don't have enough love for both of us! You only have enough to give to Lilit!!" My articulate, sensitive first born.

My baby is turning two at the end of this month and she is as sweet as ever, my second-born.  It just breaks my heart when Avi is mean to her but I am trying to stay out of their back seat squabbles over toys and whatever else may come between them.

Work has been rich but also demanding and I am a bit worn out tonight.  Poor Leeor was so sick today and I sent nanny Ilse (via text message, of course) to get him some gingerale, felt guilty for hiring someone to take care of my family while I "took care" of people for a living.

But I love my job and love what I do.  Love my kids and husband more than anything.

Am so excited to celebrate this weekend with my aunt, cousin and mom and can't wait for girls' dinner with them in the city tomorrow night.

My sweet husband fears I'm staying up too late and it's true.  I'm just like the kids, resisting sleep because there is so much to experience--who needs sleep? The gods of transportation really lined up for me today as it only took me an hour to get from UCSF to Gan Shalom in Berkeley.  When Lilit and I showed up to pick up Avi at 4:30, he declared he wants to be a teacher there when he grows up.  I just about melted in a puddle of tears on the floor, but of course I didn't and instead helped him scour the contents of his cubby for the endless supply of art.

Me: Were you in green group or orange group today?
Avi: Green group!
Me: What did you guys do today?
Avi: We colored and painted!

Oh,  preschool.  What a wonderful place.

And Lilit trying to say Gan Shalom was priceless.  The Gan part poses no problem, but Shalom sounds like "Ha-lome." Our sweet girl. Our ladybug lulu flower.

Now it's really time for bed. Here's to sweet dreams (of bunk beds, maybe).


1 comment:

Saba said...

Ha-Lom means dream in Hebrew. The first sound is the letter Het.