Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Picnic on the patio










When a family of four shares a cold and wakes up crabby, do we:
A. Pack into the car and head for sunnier skies?
B. Have a slow, quiet meltdown?
C. Have a picnic on the patio because, gracias a dios, the sun finally emerged at 10:45?

We opted for C and it was a good choice. Avi even passed me his prized chocolate milk, saying, "Here Mommy, you can have a sip." So magnanimous.

Sometimes I feel I am at the mercy of the weather; other times I feel like the littlest things, like colds, can really mess with my mood. But with all of us feeling so crappy, there was no need to shrug out of pjs at any particular hour, and besides, Avi prefers to hang in a pull-up, anyway, so . . .

There we were, eating pb & j and carrots, my 12 week old girl asleep close to my heart, me trying not to think about starting work in exactly two weeks. Where did this summer go?

2 comments:

Saba said...

Summer? what summer. This is SF

6512 and growing said...

When do you guys get sun in SF? I remember Sept and Oct being hot and sunny in Berkeley. There too? At least you have the kick ass veggies all year long.
Sorry to read that you're entering the homestretch of maternity leave. Your daughter is munchable. You must nibble on her little limbs all day long.
XO
Rachel