Monday, May 24, 2010

Quotable Avi



This break in "Waiting for baby sister" has been brought to you by Trojan and Tampax.

I was relaying some choice quotes to Leeor the other day when he said, "Why don't you put this on the blog?"

For your enjoyment . . .

Avi lately enjoys the exploration of cupboards and drawers. While there is little that is dangerous at his reach, there are certainly objects of interest that require, shall we say, some explanation. I am talking about the categories of contraceptives and also feminine hygiene products. Read further at your own risk, but we thought it was pretty funny.

Avi was sitting on a stool in the bathroom, sorting through the cupboard. He pulled out a tampon and proceeded to unwrap and then take it apart.
"Can I put this in my mouth, Mommy?"

"No, honey, it's not for your mouth."

"What is it for, Mommy?"

"It goes in a woman's vagina."

"Your want it in your bagina, Mommy?"

"No, thank you, honey, I don't need it right now."

I exercised remarkable restraint by not furthering the explanation. Besides, he didn't ask. So he threw it away and moved on, Avi the explorer of the bathroom cupboard. He pulled out a condom.

"What's this, Mommy?"

"It's a condom."

"A condom?"

"Yes."

"To eat?"

"No, it's not to eat. It's to put on a man's penis."

"Do I have a penis, Mommy?"

"Yes."

"Does Aba?"

"Yes."

"Do doggies need condoms?"

"No, honey, doggies don't need condoms."

This last part, believe it or not, came up again in conversation when he came across another pack of condoms in my bedside drawer. Sometimes there is nothing sweeter to me than to sit and be present with him during these ordinary moments. It's then I feel I know him so well and learn so much.

2 comments:

dig this chick said...

Baby yet??! Thinking about you all the time!

Love these stories. They are the best...watching their little minds figure it all out. Also, I think it's so important (and WAY easier) to just be honest as it comes up...why do people make up stories about uncomfortable topics with their kids? Good answers, mama.

Can't wait to 'meet' your GIRL.

x

Gillian said...

ah how our articulate children can make us chuckle!

thinking of you holding that beauteous little girl in your arms! can't wait for the deets!