Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lilit Hana






She came into the world at 3:39 AM Wednesday, May 26. It was an incredible birth. More on this as soon as I can think a little more clearly . . .

We three are so in love with her. Well, Avi also has some strong feelings in opposition, like when he did NOT want her to come home in the carseat, but then his lover-boy nature takes over and he says things in response to hearing her cry, "Is my baby okay? Maybe she needs to nurse?" I feel all that I want to express trying to tumble out at once. . .

It's been an amazing few days. I am healing from her birth; my body still out of balance and unsteady. The new life of little sleep hits me hard. Wow. I feel as if I am moving through a thick fog at times and find myself standing in the middle of a room wondering what I had intended to do, to get. Having a toddler is useful at these times, as he reminds me (sometimes in the demand form) what I had gone to fetch.

There are tantrums of the fiercest nature and then heart-filled moments when my son, my firstborn, just reminds me how big our capacity is to love. I was worried about this. Pregnant with Lilit, I went about my days with Avi, showering him with love, attention and affection and wondered how it would be to incorporate another little being into this mix. I shouldn't have worried. Being with two of them now, I only notice how expansive I feel, and how complete. Leeor and I both marvel at the feeling of completeness our daughter has brought to our family.

He and Avi are out right now, about to meet Saba and Safta for lunch, and I am having some much needed quiet time with my girl, who is swathed in pink and sleeping sweetly. There is much to say about her birth, her name, her presence. I will get to it soon, because as each day swiftly passes I feel a need to write her birth story. For now, I am going to settle into a nap with my newborn, my Lilit (pronounced Lee-leet), our sweet little flower of a girl for whom we waited and were so rewarded by the gift of her birth.

3 comments:

Janine Evans said...

!!!
Wonderful, wonderful!
I send all my loving congratulations to you on the arrival of your perfect girl.
I will wait patiently for more details as you get rest and bathe yourselves in this blessed newness.
much love,
Janine

6512 and growing said...

Fantastic! What a patient Mama you are waiting for this beautiful flower to emerge.
Congratulations and enjoy the sweetness.

dig this chick said...

Lilit! Yay you mama. Yay to all of it. It really is something watching your kid love your kid. Avi will no doubt be a stellar big brother. Can't wait to hear more. xo