Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday


Oh, it's good to love a Monday.

I even got to have an impromptu date with a girlfriend last night. Lucky me.

Avi naps. The last batch of bread from Friday's dough cooled and I ate slices layered with avocado and Havarti cheese, washed down with sparkling water, which feels like a special treat. Oddly tracking contractions here and there. I *finally* packed a bag for the hospital after my lovely nurse practitioner examined me this morning and asked me about my plan . . . right, because we could have a baby any day now . . . so I downloaded a couple of Rolling Stones songs to add to my ipod shuffle, which currently only has yoga music on it--good for delivery, but still, I need some variety. My daughter moved in my belly as I played them--I swear, she did! And I told her about the hotness of Mick Jagger . . . so much to share with this girl one day . . .

It's so beautiful outside. I plan to treat Avi to an ice cream cone at Mitchell's after he wakes. We can walk over and enjoy the rest of this warm sunshine.

Is it really only my first official day of maternity leave?

No comments: