Saturday, April 17, 2010

A turd in the tub, or Aba in Atlanta for 5 days



Leeor left for Atlanta early Wednesday morning. Avi woke up and said, "Where's Aba?" I reminded him that Aba was away and Avi said, "Aba went on an airplane," and we looked at our U.S. map placemat to find just where that plane would land. Fortunately, state capitals are marked with a star, so they are easy to spot.

The next morning, Avi woke up and told me (after he decided we should have pancakes for breakfast, which of course I indulged even though it meant I was running out the door with wet hair and parked in the overpriced garage at work so I could make AM rounds), "Aba is at the star," and pointed to the capital of Missouri. I tried to correct him to no avail. Then I realized Missouri is a bit closer to California and his insistence suddenly made sense.

This morning, we pretended to pluck Aba out of the map (in both Missouri and Georgia) and place him back in San Francisco.





We haven't left the house today unless you count our trip out front to the recycle bin (Avi clad only in a diaper and his rain boots), which segued into an imaginary trip to Grandma's house (he drove, of course).

I swear, it takes me a day to regroup from a hectic work week. There's a lot going on right now but this week felt extra hard. Even going to yoga yesterday (which I managed with a few hours of lovely M's time) barely made a dent in my ravaged psyche. By the time Avi pooped in the tub last night, I was spent. And it was funny, and it wasn't a big deal, but sometimes a turd in the tub is one of those things that signals, okay, enough.

Then I awoke to Avi singing. This morning was so wonderful. Avi is recently prone to spontaneous cuddling and hugging. He must know that baby sister's arrival is *so soon* and wants to soak up a little extra mommy time. I love it. I set him up on my bed with The Muppets Take Manhattan on my laptop while I showered. I came into the room feeling refreshed to find him nestled among pillows, his hands folded sweetly in his lap. I got into bed with him and we watched the rest together after he readjusted himself to comfortably lean into me. It was blissful.





Aba will be home tomorrow. We can't wait.

2 comments:

Leeor Neta said...

I think these pictures are amazing, honey! You are the best mommy and I know that you are going to knock that test OUT!!

Kelle said...

Came searching for a cute belly picture...had to scroll down to find it, but I did! Beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of her when she arrives.