Tuesday night Avi started climbing up and down the stairs on his own. I called Leeor over as I gaped. Leeor gaped for a moment and then came to his senses, "Get the camera!"
My only complaint about this stage is that it's racing past. After spending all day Monday at home with him and feeling renewed in our connection, and like I really understand him, today I felt a little disconnected. And it's only Wednesday! Two days back at work made me feel like I had missed out on subtle changes in his development.
So I resorted to our favorite episode of Sesame Street (after he asked for it; I am a softie for certain things), "Dance party." We ate pizza on the couch until it was time for him to take a bath and go to bed.
Leeor is working late tonight; his program has another hearing tomorrow and they are in the final stages of preparation. I am so proud of all that he's done in such a short time as program director. And I love that Avi insists that one of the NY City Ballet dancers on Sesame Street is his Aba. I think Leeor secretly likes it, too, though he'll complain "Not this episode again! We've seen it so many times!"
I can hardly believe that a year and a half ago, Avi was a tiny baby. It feels like a long, long time ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment