Monday, August 17, 2009

A good wedding and a cold

Our sick day.  The pile of laundry got folded and we eventually left our post on the couch. 
Avi loves to push the stroller.  We had such a nice stroll Sunday afternoon.
Avi really loves to drink tea.   By drink, I mean he dips his spoon into it and then sips delicately.
The beautiful bride, Ngan.  We met her and Jesse right before our wedding a few years ago . . .
Jesse and Leeor are so alike!  The newlyweds invited us to a special yoga class the day before the wedding and it was such a treat.  Leeor and I haven't practiced yoga together in years.  I cried like a baby while we chanted to Sita and Ram, which is a beautiful love story and so moving.  Jesse and Ngan are newer friends to us and it's been a lot of fun to hang out with them lately.  I love the energy of a good wedding, and even all the ritual leading up to it.  
The ceremony was in Half Moon Bay, and then we drove back to the city for the reception.  Leeor and I were the first to arrive so we dorked out in the empty Circolo lounge before the rest of the party arrived . . . we get a little giddy when we get to go out on the town together. . .
I decided we need to go to Half Moon Bay more often.  It was less than an hour in the car and so beautiful!  We kept saying, "Avi would love it here," though we were also glad Saba and Safta were back at home with him.  It was their anniversary, and they kept saying hanging with Avi was the best gift we could give them . . .
Safta was cooking special rice for Avi and his new thing is that he wants to stir everything on the stove.  And today he decided he also wants to turn the heat up and down.  Yikes.  


We had a great weekend.  Our good friends, Jesse and Ngan, got married late Saturday afternoon.  It was also Saba and Safta's anniversary, but they were thrilled to come take care of Avi while we whooped it up.  Leeor went out with the bride and groom and their posse Friday night after we shared a special yoga class with them at a neighborhood studio.  I love a good wedding.  And not to be selfish, but I also love a good local wedding, when I can sleep in my own bed.  I got to bring lunch to the bride while she got gorgeous with her sister and close friends at a hotel by Union Square.  It couldn't have been a nicer day.  I skipped down Powell street with a fancy bag of pasta and felt like a good wedding fairy.  It was fun.  The wedding was a blast and we danced hard until midnight, when I dragged Leeor home.  Unfortunately, Avi woke up soon after we went to bed; poor baby was coming down with a cold so it wasn't the most restful night.


I am rehearsing Sunday mornings for a show at Dance Mission in just a few weeks.  Not surprisingly, after little sleep, I felt energized by rehearsal and totally present for my cranky toddler and tired husband.  And a little sick, myself.


All's well that ends well this Monday night.  I stayed home with Avi today and I have more to say about that but for now, I need to climb into bed with my husband.  Weddings make me think of ours, and it was one of the happiest days of my life.  

No comments: