I wanted to add more to this post. At 8 weeks old, Avi continues to change every day. Some nights he sleeps 5-6 hours in a row, others he sleeps 3 1/2- 4 hours at a time. I'm kind of a domestic maniac once I get him to sleep at night--laundry, fast! etc, before falling into bed myself, exhausted.
We had a nice visit from Saba and Safta on Friday--which also allowed me to do some quick errands. When did I become so efficient? Before motherhood, it would have taken far longer to go to Target (wandering around, looking at everything). Now it's in and out!
We also got to spend time with my cousin, Susan, and her husband, Michael. My dear childhood friend, Gwen, drove down from Sacramento to meet Avi. The feeling was unanimous from all of them--Avi is pretty fun and snuggly.
Now it's Monday. I'm starting a mom's group this week, and the first gathering will take place right here at our house. Of cousre I feel sorta neurotic about it, with a barrage of what ifs (what if no one comes, if no one likes me or I don't like them, my house is a mess, too small, too funky, and on and on). But I think we all want to make connections with others, especially during this incredible transition that is new motherhood. I'm looking forward to it.
New parenthood is an incredible journey--it's always evolving and so are we. Leeor and I go from really traditional gender roles at times to having great (but sometimes challenging) conversations about what it all means to sharing the load together. It's quite a process, and I can't imagine going through it with anyone else.
I'll end with a shout out to Leeor--after working all weekend (and hearing me complain about it), he decided to stop working last night and we made a family outing to Whole Foods, then Leeor made dinner, cleaned up and did all the liitle things I asked (like cleaning the food out of the sink--it's like a guy thing to leave it there, or something). We even got to hang out and chat, my favorite pasttime, while Avi slept in my arms. I love our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment