To recap since the last entry, Avi went to his first buddy birthday party when his bff, aka Declan, turned one. He slept in his carrier so as not to hog the spotlight . . .and had some beer and chocalate cake via mom's milk. Yum!
Then it was off to Monterey to celebrate Passover with Saba and Safta, aunties Maital and Jen, and uncle Itay. As the youngest, it was up to Avi to ask the questions. . .he did very well. Mommy even signed her name in Hebrew (with help from Maital)!
On Monday, Leeor had to go to DC for a trial. It was our first week without him and it was quite hard. Avi was great, but I don't know how single parents do it. Plus, Avi has started teething, which makes him super cranky. Poor guy! Leeor came home in time for us to pass him back and forth while the other made dinner . . .we were so glad to have him home!
It was a great weekend, too. Our good friend, Hilary, brought her dance company to town for a festival performance in Golden Gate Park. The weather was perfect and Nicole and I strapped our babies to our bodies to watch the show with her 3 year old in tow. The ladies of Lineage Dance were exquisite, as usual, and Leeor joined in the dinner festivities.
I was reminded of my own evolution . . .watching the dancers on stage, I was in awe of their technique, grace and strength. I could hardly believe I used to be one of them. My post-baby body remains softer and fleshier than it used to be. Mostly I feel so content in each moment with Avi that I hardly have time to mind. It felt good to enjoy watching the dancers without wanting to be them--I feel more settled into this new-mother self than I ever have--even as I evolve into this self a little more every day.
Avi and I just wrapped up a great yoga session with a long nurse that had him falling asleep in my lap. Life is very simple in this moment, and very, very good.
1 comment:
all that hair! I love it.
Post a Comment