He now weighs in at 14 lbs, 7 ounces, and is 23 3/4 inches tall (long, whatever)
Leeor and I went together and I was so glad as Avi had to get 4 shots--2 in each leg. Thank goodness for all that chub; I think it helped him. Leeor consolled me as well as Avi.
Avi screamed a bit for Dr. Kelly, our beloved pediatrician, and Dr. Kelly did a magic hold that instantly ceased his cries. It's funny, Avi didn't really begin screaming until week 7, so it freaked me out. He doesn't do it every day, but in my fruitless quest for perfection, when he has his screaming episodes, I worry something is wrong. It seems, however, that Avi is just going through different stages and changes like every baby does . . .in his own way, in his own time.
Dr. Kelly was not concerned, which reassured me.
As I sit here with Avi, I feel how precious each moment is. Time is going by so fast--he'll be 10 weeks old on Friday! This morning I was grumpy because we didn't sleep great last night. Who knows why. The vaccines, a growth spurt, there could be many reasons, but at this moment I no longer mind because I'm just enjoying the warmth of his body while I listen to his sweet breath move in and out. The curve of his cheeks never fails to delight, either . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment