Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Optimistic

For whatever reason, Leeor and I have been given the gift of extra time together as we await the birth of our little boy, and it's been great. We have been nerding out, watching CNN and MSBC, reading blogs and excitedly discussing Super Tuesday results. We even went out for pizza last night and ran into some friends who are just as obsessed with it all as we are.

I know that our baby will arrive soon, and it just doesn't matter how he gets here. This pregancy has been truly wonderful, and giving birth will be but the beginning of many amazing years with our son.

I have received lots of support from friends and family as we all await this birth. It's been lovely. And we got news that our friends, Nicole and Brian, had their third beautiful child last night, a little boy. I feel energized by his birth in the same way I felt energized by the birth of another friends' son back in April . . . soon after his birth, we learned we were pregnant.

My brother in law will give me an acupunture treatment this weekend if we still haven't given birth, and my doctor will likely induce me next week if necessary. So we'll see what happens, but for the moment, I feel peaceful and very, very greatful for this gift of time . . .

No comments: