These two. Sometimes they are so sweet to each other. Like when I lost my temper with Lilit and threatened her dress up clothes and Avi piped up, "oh Mama, don't." Or he offers to make her a sign like the one(s) he has on his door that say "No one allowed in my room." But then we remember they are siblings, after all, jockeying for all the resources, internally and externally. It seems to work out for the most part.
And the littlest one is teething, teething, teething. And trying to crawl. And it's hard not to compare. Lilit solidly slept through the night at 9 months. Yossi occasionally only wakes once. It's boring to talk about sleep. But not getting much has a big impact.
Yossi is really cute, especially in his amber teething necklance (thanks Auntie Jen!) and this stack of white tanks I found from Avi's day, unopened in the pack brought back from Nicaragua by my girlfriend. It's all the babies wear there because it's so hot. Yossi likes to sport one with sweatpants and a binky. Leeor calls it is Matthew McConaughey look. Totally.
I'm soaked through with gratitude but can't seem to articulate it very well. We often get asked about being a family of five. It must seem so indulgent, especially here in the Bay Area, where whole city blocks are purchased by big companies. But Berkeley suits us. As do our 3 kids. Our scruffy, wonderful life. It's really what I always wanted. And while I wish I could say more about it, capture details, I know this is also good enough. That one day I will have time to say more.
No comments:
Post a Comment