Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summertime

 Avi ended an amazing school year with a field trip to Angel Island. I couldn't go, but Leeor soaked up the joy of the kids and I got a detailed report from our ever-articulate firstborn.
 Memorial day weekend brought Lilit's 4th birthday. Our favorite princess was feted with a backyard fairy party, per her request, and at some point during the party, she donned her princess beauty dress. Because obviously.
 After one birthday party meltdown, she recovered with her new toys. This mermaid, a gift from our dear friends in Carmel, was an instant fave.
 My brother and nephew drove all the way up from Santa Inez to play and get sugared up before their long journey home. We were so glad to see them!
 More Angel Island photos, because as the years go by and my post here become fewer, I'm not super picky about order (or cohesiveness). My desire to document the slippery passage of time persists and I'm forever several steps behind.
 Treats are always a big hit. As are gratuitously naked babies. Sweet Yos is now 8 months old.
 His cuteness is well-balanced with his sweetness and charm, just like a Libra.
 While Lilit rocks the Gemini twins--but I decided yesterday that the full expression of her sides, both sweet and intense, is probably healthy. And we love that our girl is equal parts sweet and tough. Except we wish we'd spare her baby brother some of the toughness.
 Yossi is our binky boy. His big brother and sister never loved a pacifier like he does and we find ourselves in mild states of panic if it goes missing. He is massive, weighing in these days at 22 lbs and sitting before rolling into a ready-to-crawl position. No rush, baby.

 Selfies with mama on our Monday mornings together. Such a special time.
Avi's kindergarten graduation was a so emotional (for me only). He was so excited, proud and happy. But he admitted a little nervousness about first grade in a quiet moment to me. I hope the kids always want to talk with me about their fears, concerns, hopes and dreams. And while there is nothing sweeter than this baby stage, the growing up is pretty great, too.


Just don't grow too fast, little ones. I can hardly keep up as it is.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

So enjoy these posts. It's like having a visit with all of you.