This will be brief as it's laaaate and Lilit (whom I've taken to calling Baby Leelee; Avi prefers to call his sister La-leet or La-lee-tah) has been sick with a nasty RSV, pink eye, ear infection combo for the past two and a half weeks, which means I have slept even less than what I was sleeping before and it's the holidays, so between that and work we are middling, at best.
But.
We got to go to the snow and commune with good friends. Then Christmas at my mom's was decadent and full--and when we came home, we picked up Chinese take-out, called the advice nurse and I ended up in the ER with Lilit (mostly because there aren't any clinics open Christmas night--the upside was it was relatively easy to find parking near the all night pharmacy in the Castro) and spent yet another sleepless night with our sick baby that lead to a grumpy Sunday morning. Why is unpacking so hard sometimes?
Leeor ended up taking Avi to work with him and Lilit and I met them downtown, whisked the kids to the Contemporary Jewish Musem to catch the Curious George exhibit (Avi loved the Parisian "house" within and I fantasized about a trip to Europe while we stood beneath its eaves) and rounded out the night with an early dinner at Farmer Brown. We turned a bad morning around pretty well.
Now we're at the end of this brief work week between Christmas and New Year's; ready to head up to Mendocino with our closest friends to close out 2010 and ring in 2011.
It's been quite a year--the arrival of our baby girl remains the highlight and her presence continues to both astound and ground us . . .very, very excited to see where the new year takes us!
We've made some preliminary resolutions, but for me, I'd like to cultivate more compassion for myself, and loving-kindness for my family. It's going to be good . . .
2 comments:
Thank you for the post. I saw that Leeor took both to the office. Happy new year.
Saba and Savta
What a stunning family you have.
Hope your Lilit is better. Oh, fucking rsv. Good thing she's got those strong cheeks and brilliant grin to remind you she is going to be fine.
Happy New Year.
Post a Comment