I loved our wedding. The photos always make me happy; we look so young, carefree (unlined!); to me, our wedding was nothing short of a perfect weekend with our family and friends on the Mendocino coast 4 years ago.
My favorite memories from our wedding include some incredible dance numbers--our DJ clad in an African dashiki, a wildly inappropriate moment with the innkeeper that included a brief interlude with the local police (a story that our friend and officiant tells brilliantly), the perfect fall day that turned into a chilly night where we danced and partied until the wee hours.
When Avi looks at photos of Leeor and me he usually asks about his absence. Then he answers the questions with, "I was in your tummy there, Mommy." He's almost right.
We got pregnant a mere 7 months after our wedding--four years and two kids later, I don't regret a thing. Even when it's hard. Even when I'm cursing the very man I love so dearly (under my breath and out of earshot, of course) and he is driven mad by my neuroses, we know we were meant for each other.
I cannot imagine going through this wild, precious life without Leeor. Here's to many, many more years together!
3 comments:
I'll drink to that (when I see you)
Congrats on your anniversary. And, love the new blog layout...although I am catching up after a few weeks so perhaps it's been here for a bit! I think the same thing when I look at photos of Andy and me from years ago...babies, we were. Those lines tell stories. Four years and two babies? Yep, some lines there. xo
Congratulations. Love the balance of light and dark pigments in your marriage.
And your babies?! So lovely and full-cheeked.
And, I am impressed that you are still nursing Lilit despite going back to work.
Rachel
Post a Comment