California is so clean! I actually enjoyed my bus ride to work this morning, enjoyed the fresh smell of rain on the eucalyptus trees, and very much enjoyed sleeping in my own bed last night. Home is cozy and familiar. I ran into a friend at the local grocery last night. I had lunch with my social work friends today. Avi slept in his own room and Leeor and I slept in ours.
Today, I missed being on vacation, but I also felt held by our life here. It is reliably comfortable, welcoming and fun. There's nothing like being on vacation, but there's also nothing like being back at home. I missed spending the whole day with Avi and Leeor, though. I think that was my favorite part of vacation.
I finally downloaded a ton of photos. These are just a few from our New York adventure. Our last day was especially fun. It was as cold as our first day. We had brunch with Amaya in the West Village, got cupcakes from Magnolia, and had one last dinner at a big Indian restaurant near our place. It was a good ending to a great trip.
1 comment:
I love the pictures of your sweet family in the Big Apple. I am so glad you had some time together, but of course, selfishly, I'm glad your home :). More than anything, you are an amazing mother and I appreciate your honesty. Love you mama.
Post a Comment