Saturday, September 20, 2008

Retrospective












I found the usb cable (is that what it's called?) so I just downloaded, I'm not kidding, 185 photos. Here are a few from the last month of move, family visits, and the 3 of us just loving on each other . . .
Avi has two bottom teeth, chats all the time, flirts all the time, loves to be photographed, loves food, loves people. He is also gigantic.
We are loving our new place. Avi is sleeping better now that he has a room all to himself, and of course, that means I am sleeping better too.
Tonight the 3 of us went to Farmer Brown, one of our favorite restaurants. It opens at 5, and we got there at like 4:52. It happens to be across the street from the SF Obama office, so we wandered over before dinner. Avi was so into it--maybe he remembers making phone calls in-utero just before Super Tuesday??? Leeor was trying to convince me to take Avi to Nevada for part of the big push to win its electoral votes. I don't know about that, but dinner was just lovely, and Avi is getting to be such a big boy. He sat in his high chair and ate his yams and threw his spoon on the ground about 50 times, but we loved every moment.
I also really like putting him to bed. He curls his whole body into me while he nurses. I want to freeze every moment because I feel how fleeting this sweet time is.

4 comments:

Gillian said...

he is so amazingly gorgeous, melissy! holy cow. he's grown so much. i love that one of the two of you when you're looking up. love the natural hair! thanks for those.

Melissa said...

thank you thank you! it's so nuts how quickly it all goes by, isn't it??? when you were here he was a different kid, and that wasn't so long ago. love you, m

amaya said...

I'm gone for a month and suddenly Avi looks like he can chew steak! We miss Avi (and you guys!) so much. There are no babies to play with here.

Unknown said...

I love you guys sooooo much.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories with us.