Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day




Our first Mother's Day! Leeor had to go out of town yesterday, so we celebrated on Saturday. It was gorgeous outside, so after a lovely lunch (during which Avi slept contentedly in the ergo), we strolled through the botanical gardens in Golden Gate Park and ate cookies from Arizmendi.

Family bliss. We sat on a bench to nurse and enjoy the sun. Leeor has had to work such crazy hours since Avi was born that it was a treat in itself just to spend time with each other.

Avi went to bed early and Leeor and I ordered pizza and marveled that we made such an amazing kid. When we woke up, we stayed in bed withbAvi and giggled a lot. We were sad to part. Avi and I dropped Leeor off at the airport before joining Declan's mother's day celebration.

It really does take a village. Avi had a teething meltdown during brunch and both of Declan's parents insisted on helping so that I could eat. I reminisced with them about Declan's infancy . . .time has flown! I was also touched by all the phone calls and text messages I received from friends wishing me a happy mother's day.

A special note to our mothers and the memory of our gandmothers: thank you for all of your strength, love, support and nourishment. We are so greatful, and Avi has pieces of you that he will always carry. . .

No comments: