As we wait for our own son to arrive, I have decided to keep myself busy by volunteering for the Obama campaign. I've been twice to the SF office to make phone calls and it's been a fascinating experience. I've never involved myself in politics like this before. What better time than while waiting to go into labor? I keep telling my as-yet-unborm little one that this campaign is so important because we desperately need change in this country, for our sake as well as for his and other little ones who will have to continue to deal with this mess . . . I digress, but hey, I got a call from the campaign tonight, and if by Saturday, I still haven't gone into labor, there's a rally at a local school that I'll attend.
Meanwhile, another friend took pity on me in my waiting-around state and dropped off a bunch of DVDs of television shows I never watched, like Heroes, The Wire and even Six Feet Under. A little time contributing to the campaign, a little time in front of the TV. Not a bad life. Plus, I must admit, I really do like being on my very own schedule, especially as I am aware that as soon as this little boy arrives, that will not be the case for a long, long time . . .
2 comments:
start with 6 feet under! best show ever!
love you,
g
Get yer paws off our boy- I'm calling CPS...
Post a Comment