Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ready to go

This is a photo of my girlfriend Nicole and me at my Blessing Way, or Mother Blessing, which she and another girlfriend, Vanessa, hosted for me at my house two weeks ago. It was such a lovely gathering with 8 of my girlfriends offering up blessings for the baby's birth and my own transition into motherhood. Each woman brought a bead that represented their blessing, which they strung together to form a sort of talisman that I will bring with me when I go to the hospital . . .

Speaking of going to the hospital, we are meeting with our doula tonight to talk about our birth plan. I feel so ready that I'm starting to feel impatient! I know, I know, it will happen when it happens; he'll arrive when he arrives, but I'm feeling a bit restless.

The house is clean, baby's clothes have been washed, folded and organized according to size (as I was advised to do), and I'm not sure I can keep baking, cooking and finding other nesting projects. However, as the rain comes down outside, I do feel very cozy at home. . . and it's been good to have some quiet time to myself, time to rest and reflect.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you look HOT, girlfriend! way to rock that historic pink shirt, too. i know the impatient feeling, but, not to be too cliche, remember how precious this time is!

love you,
g

Gillian said...

okay, i guess bri was logged in to my computer! that was from me, gillie!