Fall has been pretty good to us in California. Especially since we finally had some rain after Thanksgiving. But leading up to turkey day and immediately after, life was sunny and filled with magical light.
Lilit finally watched Frozen, and so did I. We have now watched it several times, and our girl never tires of it. It's even more entertaining to watch her as she watches her favorite sisters onscreen.
Yossi-boo is changing all the time. He is so close to walking and talking. I forgot how those milestones make all the difference between babyhood and toddler hood, and how their arrival causes a spike in jealousy from the older siblings.
We are trying to give Avi and Lilit much needed one-on-one time when we can. Our girl is a new lover of puzzles, while Avi has discovered the vast universes open for discovery through books. He can often be found face down in one, or sketching his ideas about something he just read.
Thanksgiving Day itself was gorgeous and sunny, filled with our dearest friends and family.
Jen and Itay were so smart to bring this parachute. The kids got along beautifully (except for one or two moments that required parental intervention) and we felt so grateful to celebrate together.
I declared the theme of our day, "One Love," and while Leeor made fun of me, it really was a love fest.
With stunning friends and fried turkey.
Lots of shenanigans in the kitchen.
And outside.
I felt like a real grownup after planning, asking for help by way of guests bringing dishes and wine, setting up extra tables and chairs (the kids were legitimately helpful with this the day before!) and even making a pie. It was challenging, because I'm not really the Martha Stewart type, but I also realized the most important thing was having fun and being together,
And then having a good sleep after all was said and done. Next up, sufganiyot and latkes, as well as a much anticipated Hanukah concert at the kids' school.
No comments:
Post a Comment