Monday, June 6, 2011

Rainy Days in June

They fight over books.
Lilit mugs for the camera while she eats Saba's soup for lunch.
Lilit detests Dr. K's exams; Avi never cried during these. It's funny how different they are!
Avi napping with Lilit's new Lambie and pink Penguin; he is lucky she is not yet wise to his swiping of her potential Objects of Attachement.
Lilit and her biscuit on the front lawn while we pull weeds and complete general maintenance-type tasks on Sunday morning.
Lilit and her Aba, her Grandpa, respectively.
She loves playing with Avi's toys; she calls him Ava.

Lilit had her one year visit to the pediatrician today. My concerns: her gross motor development; and also I wondered what Dr. K had to say about the new recommendations of keeping toddlers rear-facing until they turn two. I was surprised to hear his resolute-ness on the latter, "In Sweden they face them backward 'til they're 4," he deadpanned. Okay, I thought to myself, rear-facing it is. It's funny, the power we imbue in these professionals. Dr. K also feels absolutely no concern whatsoever in our girl's development, which bolstered my own intuition. She is just fine. She is more than fine: 22 lbs, 10 ounces, 33 inches in length. Lilit is strong and growing agile, swinging herself into the crawl position and sliding backward across our smooth hardwood floors.

Avi is having a resurgence of jealousy, his bodily functions his only weapon, "I will pee all over; I will pee-pee on you!" he exclaims in dramatic bursts. He is so textbook yet so poignant and loveable.

My dad just moved back to California (!) and Avi worshipped him like mad this last weekend while he visited. Grandpa, Grandpa, Grandpa, he extolled, and Leeor and I did laundry and yardwork like crazy people between my dad's and my mom's respective visits. It was awesome.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Don't worry little mama. Susan, Tom and Ben didn't walk until after 13 months. And they didn't crawl until AFTER they walked. Enjoy it! Once she's on the move, you've got double trouble.

dig this chick said...

Sweetest family. And oh how I just love the name Lilit.

Glad your instincts tell you all is well and the doc confirmed.

Rear-facing. Oy. I know it is the way to go but with a high-energy, forward-facing kid next door, is it possible? We switched to forward for one road trip because Ruby was so bummed out. And it stayed that way. Now I feel like there is no going back! Good for you sticking with it.

x

ps Your comments remain among my favorites...I always love "seeing" you.